Practicing this asana is helpful for all gynecological disorders. Ensures better functioning of the liver, spleen and kidneys. Gives relief from stress, tension and anxiety as it refreshes the cells of the brain.
How to do Upward Plank Pose
- Firstly you sit get into the Staff pose (Dandasana)
- Place your hands behind your hips, and rotate your palms so your fingertips point in the same direction you are facing (toward your toes).
- Externally rotate your upper arms as you press your hands down firmly into the mat. Draw your shoulder blades firmly into your back and allow your chest to lift naturally.
- On an inhalation, press your hands and feet down firmly and lift your hips up toward the ceiling.
- Keep your chest lifting and your spine in one straight line.
- If you are comfortable here, then you can slowly release your head. Allow it to drop back, opening your throat. Softly gaze toward your cheeks.